Daniel T. PascaleIn Memoriam - Daniel T. Pascale, Esq. (1979 - 2019)
DANIEL T. PASCALE worked in both boutique and nationally recognized law firms for over a decade before co-founding Jordan + Pascale. Whether setting binding precedent in residential foreclosure cases, securing million dollar jury verdicts in Federal court, or counseling companies and receivers on the management and disposition of real estate, Dan will not rest until he has obtained the best possible result for his clients. His understanding of law, litigation strategy, deal nuances, profitability, leverage and liability protection is what sets Dan apart and gives his clients a competitive edge.
From childhood, Dan knew that his calling was to act as an advocate for the interests of others. Whether his clients are individuals, government bodies, or Fortune 500 companies, Dan’s analysis, focus and practical approach to each matter maximizes results and reduces costs. An expert at advocating for his clients interests in a range of sophisticated and complex real estate litigation and transactions, Dan applies his extensive skills in virtually all types of real estate and development issues. The practice of law is not just a job for Dan. It his passion and true calling.
Having been actively involved in real estate law for over 15 years, Dan has consistently been recognized for his work and his legal accomplishments have not gone unnoticed by his peers. Dan was nominated by his colleagues for inclusion in Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars and was recently selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers In America® for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. In addition, Dan is routinely called upon by his “big law” colleagues for advice and counsel on their most important matters.
At Jordan + Pascale, Dan focuses his practice in two areas: commercial litigation and real estate. He litigates a wide variety of cases including insurance coverage disputes, deposit disputes, partition cases, brokerage disputes, quiet title actions, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, commercial landlord/tenant cases, evictions, and eminent domain/quick take actions. His clients include Fortune 50 to 500 companies, large and small commercial landlords and tenants, institutional and individual owners of office, retail, waterfront, multi-use, industrial and other commercial projects. Dan also represents commercial property owners, property managers, receivers and developers in development, land use and zoning matters, code enforcement matters, historical property redevelopment, and marina sitting.
In addition to handling routine real estate matters, Dan works to find creative solutions to complex and seemingly unsolvable dilemmas. He draws on his experience and his working relationships within the industry to get results. If you have transactions requiring in-depth knowledge of the real estate market or if your primary business is buying, developing, or selling real estate you can trust that Dan will lead you through the complexities of real estate deals and provide the necessary counsel for your success.
On a personal level, when Dan is not working he enjoys bicycling with his wife, snorkeling, and devouring news articles.
J.D., The Florida State University, 2004
B.A., Economics, The Florida State University, 2001
American Bar Association
Miami-Dade County Bar Association
Miami Beach Bar Association
• Real Estate
• Land Use and Zoning
• Florida Super Lawyers (Rising Stars 2017)
• Florida Super Lawyers (Rising Stars 2016)
• Florida Super Lawyers (Rising Stars 2015)
• U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers in America (2017)
• U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers in America (2016)
• U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers in America (2015)
• U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers In America (2014)
• U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers In America (2013)
• All State Courts in Florida
• U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
• U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
• General counsel for commercial property owners/developers in all aspects of South Florida real estate affairs including but not limited to landlord/tenant, lease negotiations, complex litigation, and zoning and land use matters.
• General counsel for multiple condominium associations in South Florida.
• Representation of national property managers, commercial property owners, receivers and asset management firms in state and federal court.
• Representation of government agencies in Director & Officer liability lawsuits.
• Representation of various not-for-profit corporations, including charter schools in employment law and collection matters.
• Representation of local, national, and international clients who have been defrauded in South Florida real estate transactions.
• Representation of a 100+ store retailer commercial tenant in landlord/tenant dispute with Aventura Mall.
• Representation of international fashion house in commercial/landlord tenant dispute in Wynwood.
• Representation of Hilton licensed redevelopment property in litigation against service providers and property management firms in breach of fiduciary and gross recklessness matters.
• Representation of numerous parties in partition (division) of real estate throughout South Florida.
• Donovan Jack v. Bay Point Schools, Inc. – In a case of first impression before the Southern District of Florida, Mr. Pascale successfully established that certain DJJ contract providers are entitled to the protection of sovereign immunity and exempt from post judgment garnishment actions.
• Gancedo v. DelCarpio – Mr. Pascale’s representation of a homeowner through trial and appeal established binding precedent in the Fourth District Court of Appeals allowing for the rescission of certain mortgages that violate the Federal Truth in Lending Act (TILA).
• FDIC v. Icard Merrill – Mr. Pascale’s representation of the FDIC against the Icard Merrill law firm in an eight-day federal jury trial in the Middle District of Florida resulted in a jury verdict in favor of the FDIC for over $1.1 million dollars.
• FDIC v. First Priority Bank – Mr. Pascale’s representation of the FDIC against former directors and officers of First Priority Bank resulted in a $1.75 million settlement in favor of the FDIC.
• Gancedo v. Del Carpio, 17 So.3d 843 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)
• Donovan Adolph Jack v. Bay Point Schools, Inc., (S.D. Fla. 2011)
• Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation v. Icard, Merrill, Cullis, Timm, Furen and Ginsburg, P.A., 2013 WL 4402968 (M.D. Fla. 2013)
• Tixe Designs, Inc. v. Green Ice, Inc. 2016 WL 6992296 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2016)