Construction Defect Disputes
As Florida’s real estate industry surges, experts predict that the state will see a spread of construction defect cases in the near future. If a construction defect is impacting you or your business, reach out to the experienced lawyers at Jordan + Pascale, P.L. for expert advice.
The State of Florida and its regulations recognize that a construction defect is a breach of contract claim. Liability is determined by a variety of factors, and on a case-to-case basis. But under Florida law, the contractor is obliged to guarantee that the property is delivered in accordance with the property’s plans and specifications.
Putting the law aside, the bottom line is that is that construction defect disputes are frustrating and costly for all parties involved, most especially the residents and tenants that are directly affected. Property owners are also challenged with the cost of repairing construction defects and a non-repairable damage to reputation.Legal Representation For Construction Defect Disputes
The law firm Jordan + Pascale is a team of highly capable business lawyers and real estate attorneys that practice in the area of construction defects. A firm grasp of real estate law has earned the firm a high reputation amongst individuals, private companies, and public companies in the Palm Beach, Miami, and Broward areas. Indeed, the law firm has received the respect and recognition of South Florida with its consistency in providing expertise, professionalism, and a high level of customer service.
Jordan + Pascale’s construction defects attorneys have a list of successful resolution of construction defects claims. The Firm has represented property owners, contractors, subcontractors, community associations, developers, and design professionals in cases involving design defects, construction defects, contract disputes, and enforcement of agreements.
People trust Jordan + Pascale because of its personalized approach to handling cases. It works towards the most beneficial resolution for its client, as well as all parties involved. And with the best in sight, it works aggressively towards resolving defect claims prior to litigation. This can only be achieved through thorough preparation and strategic negotiation.Things You Need to Know About Construction Defects
Below are some of the most common roots of construction defects. Many times, there is insurance to cover for costs of the defects. But it is also frequent that the insurance company denies coverage for specific claims.
1. Water damage. From water leaks or water intrusion from faulty water proofing or installation like:
- Faulty or improperly installed weather resistant barrier
- Improper or faulty caulking
- Problems with the Exterior Insulation and Finishing System or EIFS
- Moisture build up
- Improper filling or sealing of unused wells
- Faulty Sealant Joint
- Faulty or improper cladding
2. Structural damage. From faulty construction, foundation or defective materials like:
- Dry rot damage
- Improper dry wall installation
- Improper compaction
- Improper roof installation
- Improper siding installation
- Foundation problems
- Defective concrete mixture
3. Construction defects. Problems arising from using faulty materials or faulty construction like:
- Improper insulation
- Faulty windows installation
- Faulty door installation
- Defective deck construction
- Improper painting of interior or exterior walls.
- Faulty floor installations
- Improperly installed skylights
- Improperly installed balcony
- Mold growth
- Faulty window sill pan
- Faulty Grading
Construction defects are frustrating and costly. It’s important to hire a professional who can guide you through. The lawyers at Jordan + Pascale are ready to provide you and your business with the utmost legal support.